Direct CareImagine the Possibilites, Inc., Guttenberg, IA
This listing has expired
Essential Job Functions:
- Report issues of concern to the HCBS/Habilitation Coordinator and/or Team Leader. Offer ideas and suggestions for resolution of concerns. Use appropriate methods and channels of communication.
- Provide input to the HCBS/Habilitation Coordinator for the development of individual goals and objectives.
- Provide services based on individual goals and objectives.
- Teach individuals rather than doing for them.
- Use behavior strategies to support individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Display an ability to motivate individuals to participate in their services.
- Encourage and carry out recreational and/or community activities to meet needs and choices of individuals served.
- Apply rights restrictions only as determined necessary by the interdisciplinary team and included in the individual plan of persons served.
- Ensure all service documentation meets Iowa Code standards utilizing the Edoc system.
- Include individuals name, date of birth, medical assistance number, day, month, and year, start and end time (including a.m. and p.m.) of service provision, as well as staff printed name, signature, title, credentials, location of services, change of service location and timeframe, and note of availability for health and safety.
- Ensure documentation includes attention to detail (e.g., completed legibly, errors corrected properly, use of approved abbreviations, cross out unused portions of log, etc.).
- Complete service documentation to record interventions and supports provided and reflect the goals and ongoing supports of the individuals served.
- Complete service documentation to record individual responses to interventions and supports.
- Direct Support responsibilities:
- Provide for the safety of the individual served with the least amount of intrusion as possible.
- Respect the property of individuals served (e.g., their home, personal possessions, etc.).
- Be an active advocate for individuals receiving services to have greater control over their lives. Encourage individual choice and decision-making.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner following service provision. Turn logs in daily.
- Complete incident/accident and behavior incident reports accurately and promptly.
- Scheduled work shifts:
- Find a replacement if unable to work a scheduled shift.
- Follow the department call-in procedure.
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Ensure individual medications are administered, stored, and documented appropriately according to the six rights of medication administration.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Imagine Team Expectations:
- Willingly assume additional responsibility to support team efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality. Promote the dignity of others by protecting individuals served, co-workers, and agency privacy.
- Contribute appropriately to the changing conditions of the agency and individuals served and react to change productively.
- Use professional ethics in carrying out job duties.
- Communicate with all individuals in an honest and open manner, unless to do so would contraindicate an individual treatment plan.
- Ensure health, safety, and welfare of individuals served.
- Treat individuals served, coworkers, supervisors, and other associates with care, courtesy, and respect.
- Look for and suggest ways to continually improve our services.
- Maintain a professional appearance and comply with dress code.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential element of this position. Patterns of absences or tardiness are not acceptable.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Portray a positive image of Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. when representing the agency.
- Build a sense of unity and purpose among coworkers, supervisors, and individuals served by working as a team member.
- Ensure all Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. policies and procedures are followed, including the Compliance and Integrity Program and Safety.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must remain awake during working hours.
- May assist in the transfer of individuals to/from wheelchair, chair, bed, toilet, vehicle, etc.
- May require lifting at times, up to 35 pounds. Lifting more than 35# requires the use of a two-person lift, mechanical lift, or assistive equipment.
- May attend and participate in activities of consumer’s choice (e.g., church services, swimming, bowling, etc.).
- May require prolonged walking and standing for up to eight hours.
- May require frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- May require driving for up to eight hours.
- May experience various climatic conditions.
- May require working with difficult emotional and physical behaviors (e.g., seizures, physical aggression, etc.).
- Must have ability to see objects/persons at a distance.
- Must have ability to see close work such as typed or handwritten material.
- Must have ability to hear conversations in a quiet and a noisy environment.
- Must have ability to determine where a sound is coming from.
- Must have ability to hear differences among bells, buzzers, beeps, horns, etc.
- Must have ability to communicate through speech.
Travel: Frequent travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One year’s experience working with people with disabilities/mental illness preferred.
- At least 18 years of age with High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic computer skills including MS Word.
- Background checks with previous employers, references, law enforcement agencies, and others will be conducted and found satisfactory.
- Valid driver’s license and driver’s record deemed acceptable by Imagine the Possibilities, Inc.
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|