Environmental, Health and Safety EngineerFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer will be responsible for leading the development, deployment and continuous improvement of programs and systems that support environmental, health and safety excellence.
This position is responsible for working with the Flexsteel Leadership Team and the Global Supply Chain Organization to develop, implement and monitor the company’s environmental, health and safety programs and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster a culture of proactivity, accountability, engagement and sustainability through robust programs and processes with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability.
- Provide support to the development, implementation and management of safety programs (LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.) to ensure compliance with OSHA and applicable environmental standards at multiple locations.
- Serves as internal consultant to facilities and business units on ergonomics, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene, environmental and safety matters.
- Work collaboratively with internal (corporate, facilities) and external (insurance broker, EFEC, legal) teams to develop customer service based solutions and to ensure all key EHS operational controls are in place and EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Conduct facility audits and risk assessments to identify and correct potential hazards, ensure compliance with EHS regulations, and perform risk reduction activities
- Develop specific EHS objectives, create and implement actions plans to meet those objectives.
- Maintain, review and report EHS performance, identifying opportunities for improvement along with implementing preventative and corrective actions as required.
- Participate actively as leader and principle stakeholder in EFEC / Sustainable by Design program
- Travel required up to 25% of time
- Assist facilities as needed in the following EHS activities:
- Development of systems to comply with all relevant regulations;
- PPE selection, acquisition, and implementation;
- Spill / release prevention activities;
- Gathering of data and submitting of required EHS reports;
- Incident investigation, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective and preventive actions;
- Review of plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all EHS precautions have been included; and,
- Identify and fulfill EHS training requirements
- Recycle programs
- Conduct compliance audits for OSHA / EPA compliance.
- General duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences;
- 3-5 years of EHS experience within manufacturing environment;
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations;
- Certification in Environmental, Health and Safety Sciences preferred (CSMP, CSHM, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of various computer programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Analytical abilities necessary to problem solve and good understanding of continuous improvement methodologies;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work, complete work on schedule; and
- Effective communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization (internal, customers and suppliers)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|