Dental AssistantCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
Estial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all job functions according to CCHC mission and values
- Assist the dentist and dental hygienist in chair-side procedures routinely done in general dental practice.
- Primarily maintain flow of dentist and hygiene schedules, through tear down/set up processes with proper infection control procedures.
- Maintain positive patient/staff relations including but not limited to greeting respectfully and professionally; maintain a calming atmosphere for patients/staff to minimize anxieties; and maintain patient privacy through professional communication.
- Perform clinical supportive functions including but not limited to: preparing patient for dental procedures; taking and recording blood pressure; documenting medical and dental history; exposing, developing and mounting x-rays; performing lab procedures; collecting and labeling specimens; cleaning and setting up dental units; following all standards of infection control.
- Prepare and set up instruments, materials and equipment necessary for each procedure and break down supplies after case completed.
- Provide postoperative instruction as directed by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments; clean and maintain equipment; clean and maintain operatory and work areas.
- Schedule patients when needed; provide reception; perform clerical/computer duties as needed, including correspondence with patients; assist with completion of billing, insurance forms, and patient records; unpack supplies, completes Release of Information when needed, etc.
- Successfully completes initial and biennial competency testing
- Abide by all CCHC, federal and state requirements
- Use all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Document in clinical and other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
- Maintain and care for equipment in accordance to manufacturers maintenance schedules.
Experience: One-year experience in a dental practice required
Education: High school diploma graduate or equivalent. Graduate of accredited dental assisting program.
Requirement: Must be a registered dental assistant.
Position Schedule: Mon., Tues., Thurs. and Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wed. 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
Crescent offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|