Animal Science InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
• Courses taught may include: Introduction to Animal Health, Animal Nutrition, Ration Balancing & Formulation, Animal Selection (both dairy and livestock), Farm Animal Reproduction, Dairy Production Management, and Livestock Production Management
• Prepares for assigned classes, including: developing course syllabi; organizing and maintaining classroom(s) to facilitate learning; and promote optimum student success
• Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness
• Work cooperatively with the program staff to provide a quality-learning environment for students that achieves learning outcomes within animal science and agriculture-related courses
• Assist in operation of the college’s crop ground where applicable for learning opportunities in animal science
• Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means
• Maintains knowledge of current industry trends by attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and performing related tasks
• Assist with recruitment and retention of students
• Performs institutional requirements, including: participating in events and meetings as required; orienting new instructors; and planning events to assist in advertising the College
• Developing and managing a program budget to purchase and maintain supplies
• Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
• Other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Animal Science, Dairy Science, Agriculture Education, or similar agriculture-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience related to animal science industry
• Two years of full-time or equivalent direct occupational experience in the agriculture industry
• Employed in the field of agriculture or agriculture education within the last 5 years.
• Livestock production experience highly recommended
• Two years previous teaching experience in a higher education environment preferred
• Experience facilitating instruction using an online learning management system (LMS) preferred
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
• Knowledge and application of modern computer software and hardware (MS Word and PowerPoint), email, and internet experience
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 20, 2018
STARTING DATE: July 16, 2018
SALARY RANGES: Bachelors $47,297 - $75,203
Advanced $49,750 - $79,102
Masters $52,202 – $83,000
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
• Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance • Long-Term Disability
• Health Savings Account • Health Club Access
• Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution • On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview will be required to prepare a 15-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|