Academic Success Coach – Part-time, Limited TermSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
• Academic Success Coach will visit Written Communication, Oral/Interpersonal Communication, Introduction to Diversity, Math with Business Applications, and Introduction to Psychology general education classes and provide direct support to students in understanding course content and applicability to programs of study
• Provide individual and group discussions as well as tutoring sessions to assist students grasp concepts in relation to the work world
• Provide Study Skills and grant related tutoring activities
• Assist the Lead Academic Success Coach as needed in collecting quantitative and qualitative data associated with the reporting functions of the grant
• Responsible for identifying and reporting unsafe behavior or hazards.
• Organize, schedule and convene meetings with appropriate stakeholders
• Document and perform grant activities
• Submit financials and timely progress reports to funder as required
• Flexible work schedule that may involve some evenings, and weekends
• Follow all safety and security policies and procedures of the college
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in secondary education or related field required
• Master’s degree in education preferred
• A math and/or science background preferred
• A solid understanding of general education concepts and their applicability to the day-to-day operations within industry. Individuals with occupational experience related to agriculture, business management/IT, industrial occupations, and health
• Minimum of three years of professional experience in study skills development. Preferably experience working with at risk students or traditionally underserved populations
• Knowledge of study skills development and curriculum to support such activities
• Awareness of Southwest Tech programs and Southwest Wisconsin resources preferred
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to relate successfully with students, other college staff and people of diverse cultural, social or educational back grounds
• Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines, track details, work both independently and on a team
• Superior decision making and conflict resolution skills. Ability to use judgement, discretion, and maintain confidentiality with sensitive student issues
• Knowledge and skill with technology including computer software programs that will be used for data
collection, decision making, communication, etc
• Valid Driver’s License
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 20, 2018
STARTING DATE: August 13th, 2018
SALARY BAND: B24, Hourly Wage Range, $20.32 - $26.41
*75% limited term position (9 months, 40 hours per week) through the Spring 2019 semester.
PRO-RATED BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
• Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance • Long-Term Disability
• Health Savings Account • Health Club Access
• Wisconsin Retirement System Contribution • On-campus day care (hourly rate charged)
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|