Nurse - RN or LPNImagine the Possibilites, Inc., Andrew, IA Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
Who we are.... DAC, Inc.,based in Maquoketa,Ia., has served people with disabilities in Jackson and surrounding counties for over 25 years. DAC, Inc. offers individuals with disabilities and their families an array of services from supported living to vocationally-based supported employment. Our Mission.... Every individual has value and dignity. DAC, Inc. exists to enhance the dignity, self-esteem and worth of each individual and his/her right to self-determination as a member of the community. DAC is committed to serving people with disabilities to assure quality of opportunity, full participation independent living and economic self-sufficiency. Want to make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities? Check out our employment opportunities!
Essential Job Functions:
- Report issues of concern to ICF/ID Director or appropriate members of the IDT. Offer ideas and suggestions for resolution of concerns. Use appropriate methods and channels of communication.
- Comply with all applicable policies, practices, and laws, and with the regulations provided by any governing bodies, such as Department of Human Services (DHS) and Department of Inspections and Appeals (DIA).
- Coordinate Plan of Care:
o Develop and monitor a Plan of Care for all new and existing individuals served in the ICF/ID.
o Communicate with guardians in a timely manner regarding health related needs of individuals. Ensure
documentation of such.
o Facilitate Human Rights authorization and ensure informed consent is obtained for changes in behavior modifying medications as needed.
o Assess health needs of new referrals for services. Ensure health needs can be met in the ICF/ID.
o Assist in development and administration of IPP’s.
o Attend program training meetings and ensure regular contact with staff within the ICF/ID so as to
effectively monitor the health care needs of individuals served.
- Nursing Responsibilities:
o Initiate and participate in emergency medical care as necessary.
o Monitor health needs of individuals served in the ICF/ID. Notify physician of illness or injury and ensure
appropriate follow through.
o Keep all records of nursing/medical treatments for individuals served.
o Receive and transcribe physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
o Accompany individuals served to medical appointments or make arrangements for completion and
follow through by another staff.
o Be available for on-call duties as needed. Be available to provide phone support for clinical issues as needed.
o Order medications and medical supplies. Monitor inventory.
o Perform health screens/TB tests for new hires and current agency employees as needed.
- Supervise Certified Medication Aides:
o Provide supervision to CMA personnel and ensure relevant documentation of training and supervision, meetings, disciplines, etc. Regularly observe service provision by CMA’s to ensure quality standards are met.
o Conduct CMA meetings on a regular basis and ensure proper documentation of such.
o Provide orientation and ongoing training to staff. Ensure that new hire orientation and ongoing training
is completed within designated timeframes.
- General Responsibilities:
o Review incident/accident reports and behavioral incident reports of persons served and document appropriate follow-up. Seek out the root cause of incidents and provide follow-up to decrease the likelihood of reoccurrence.
o Provide for the safety of the individuals served with the least amount of intrusion as possible.
o Perform direct care duties as needed, including assistance with bathing, toileting, meals, repositioning,
- Other job duties as assigned.
Imagine Team Expectations:
- Willingly assume additional responsibility to support team efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality. Promote the dignity of others by protecting individuals served, co-workers, and agency privacy.
- Contribute appropriately to the changing conditions of the agency and individuals served and react to change productively.
- Use professional ethics in carrying out job duties.
- Communicate with all individuals in an honest and open manner, unless to do so would contraindicate an individual treatment plan.
- Ensure health, safety, and welfare of individuals served.
- Treat individuals served, coworkers, supervisors, and other associates with care, courtesy, and respect.
- Look for and suggest ways to continually improve our services.
- Maintain a professional appearance and comply with dress code.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential element of this position. Patterns of absences or tardiness are not acceptable.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Portray a positive image of Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. when representing the agency.
- Build a sense of unity and purpose among coworkers, supervisors, and individuals served by working as a team member.
- Ensure all Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. policies and procedures are followed, including the Compliance and Integrity Program and Safety.
- Complete trainings in a timely manner and/or as assigned.
Work Environment: This job operates in a licensed facility setting.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May require lifting at times, up to 35 pounds. Lifting more than 35 pounds requires the use of a two- person lift, mechanical lift, or assistive equipment.
- May require prolonged sitting and working at a computer for up to eight hours.
- May require frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- May require prolonged standing for up to eight hours.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in required areas.
- Must have ability to see objects/persons at a distance.
- Must have ability to see close work such as typed or handwritten material.
- Must have ability to hear conversations in a quiet and a noisy environment.
- Must have ability to determine where a sound is coming from.
- Must have ability to hear differences among bells, buzzers, beeps, horns, etc.
- Must have ability to communicate through speech.
- Must remain awake during working hours, if applicable.
Travel: Limited travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current nursing licensure and in good standing in the state of Iowa.
- Experience with persons with disabilities required.
- Supervisory and leadership skills/experience required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Word.
- Background checks with previous employers, references, law enforcement agencies, and others will be conducted and found satisfactory.
- Valid driver’s license and driver’s record deemed acceptable by Imagine the Possibilities, Inc.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|