County Youth CoordinatorIowa State University Extension, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Iowa State University Extension
Dubuque County Iowa State University Extension and Outreach has the following opening:
Dubuque County Youth Coordinator
Provide day-to-day planning and management of Dubuque County 4-H program. Work with youth, volunteers, and other staff to plan, implement, and evaluate a progressive series of educational programs and experiences that work toward multiple life skill outcomes.
- 40 hours per week/flexible schedule.
- Approximately 20 % of work with be evenings and weekends.
- Reimbursement for work related travel; must provide own transportation.
- Full Time Non-Exempt (flexible schedule to include nights & weekends)
- Hourly commensurate with education and experience (wage range: $16.83 - $19.23 per hour)
- Support 4-H Youth Development program in county.
- Apply program quality methods and strategies to 4-H experiences and clubs.
- Communicate effectively with members, families, volunteers and other staff.
- Identify potential audiences, market, and recruit 4-H opportunities.
- Build relationships with program partners, stakeholders and clients to build the program.
- Organize and maintain volunteer management system (ISOTURE).
- Recruitment and support of new and existing members, families and volunteers.
- Delegate responsibility and authority according to volunteer strengths and interests.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with volunteer event committees, 4-H County Council, 4-H club leaders, and project committees.
- Update appropriate records and prepare reports as required (e.g. monthly reports, providing information for 4-H Statistical report, 4-H publications). Complete background checks for new club leaders.
- Coordinate all forms and correspondence for area and state events and opportunities such as State Conference, State 4-H Scholarships, Awards selection, State Fair, Region camps and trips.
- Attend county, area, and state training as required, including a minimum of two trips to Ames, Iowa.
- Plan and organize the 4-H/Youth activities at the Dubuque County Fair. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: coordinating judging events and activities, weigh-in of all species, news releases.
- Other events to plan and facilitate will include but are not limited to: Club Awards/Family Nights, 4-H Volunteer Banquet, Clothing Activities and Communications Judging and National 4-H Week.
- Coordinate other 4-H and youth activities and duties as assigned.
- Become PQA certified in order to teach Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) Training to youth.
- Facilitate Dubuque County Youth Leaders in monthly meetings and activities.
- Other duties as needed to enhance Dubuque County Extension and Outreach
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience working with youth and volunteers preferred.
- 4-H experience as a youth member or leader preferred.
- Computer literacy required. (Microsoft Office and database management)
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Pass ISU Extension criminal background check and DMV screening.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-starter.
- Problem solving skills, organizational skills, detail oriented and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to complete scheduled tasks on time.
- Effectively communicate with all age groups (written and orally).
- Experience working in an educational setting.
- Ability to lift and move 40 lbs.
E-mail Completed application, resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to County Program Director, Danielle Day at:
firstname.lastname@example.org by June 27, 2018 for Guaranteed Consideration.
Position open until filled.