Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Prototype Sewer will assist the Product Development & Engineering department with maintaining quality standards by possessing the skills to sew all facets of our RV, Marine, Healthcare and Contract products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge in fabric, fabric cutting, pattern development, layout, and provide support/direction to prototype personnel to assure development is easily manufactured and meets manufacturing process capability.
- Ability to learn computers and computer related equipment/software for this position (Excel, Optitex, Corel Draw, WebPDM).
- Ability to learn creation of sewing sketches, written instructions for sewing specifications, and interpret existing specifications.
- Provide online instruction and training where applicable requiring good communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve production opportunities related to process, part, material or design.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience in sewing preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||3400 Jackson St|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
|Years of Experience||--|