Student Services Records SpecialistSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
·Provides customer service to students, staff, callers and visitors (via email, telephone, fax or face-to-face) to enrolled and prospective students on topics, such as, admissions, registration, and application processes, student portal access, and other related documentation, in accordance established requirements and procedures.
· Prepares and processes program, academic, registration, and/or other forms; duties could include organizing records, preparing forms, entering and processing changes to records.
· Responds to information and work requests regarding policies, admission and enrollment requirements, academic programs; duties may involve resolving student records issues, addressing records-related inquiries; providing information on and resolving issues.
· Performs other related duties.
ROLE SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Data Privacy observance
· Maintains the privacy of student information and confidential records in compliance with the Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA).
· Collects and verify adequate releases of information are on file for releases of student record information.
· Creates, updates, and maintains the accuracy and integrity of student records in multiple systems using standard data entry procedures.
· Reviews data for errors; addresses incomplete information, and resolves inconsistencies.
· Processes course drop/add forms, program change forms, credit for prior learning/transfer credit forms, transcript requests, and enrollment and degree verification.
· Authorizes incoming grades and manages academic probation and denial statuses.
· Receives and processes program completion applications.
· Identifies deficiencies for graduation and notifies students, monitors degree audit.
· Certifies records of graduating students.
· Process requests for transcripts and degree verifications.
· Assists with submission and error correction of reports to multiple agencies – National Student Clearinghouse, Wisconsin State Reporting, and other agencies as required.
ROLE SPECIFIC DUTIES (Continued):
· Provide coverage as assigned of the college reception desk, and phones sufficient to create a welcoming impression for guests, students, and college staff.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree in related field, and 1 year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience. Experience in a records office, student services or a college setting is desired but not required.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 20, 2018
STARTING DATE: July 2018
SALARY BAND: A13, Hourly Wage Range, $16.42 - $19.70
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|