Road Assist AdvisorHirschbach Motor Lines, Inc., DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Hirschbach Motor Lines is a refrigerated carrier established in 1935. Proudly family owned, Hirschbach's refrigerated fleet is among the newest, most fuel efficient, and environmentally friendly in the trucking industry. We specialize in delivering fresh and frozen products across the United States along with offering experience in handling dry goods. Hirschbach is a company built on strong relationships with our family of customers, drivers, employees, vendors, and partner carries. We welcome you to join our family!
The Breakdown Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of non-scheduled repair assistance to operators throughout the United States. They direct vehicles to the nearest company service location or one of thousands of service providers in our computerized database. Following established guidelines the Breakdown Coordinator will acknowledge a breakdown event and identify the best course of action to most efficiently and cost effectively resolve the mechanical issue. In addition, they will be aware of equipment OEM service networks, purchased component warranties and will seek to direct service plans that are most appropriate to the event.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring drivers and service.
- Reporting both DOT and non-DOT accidents according to proper procedures.
- Recording any issues encountered, especially those pertaining to cargo, OS&D, and injuries, then communicating them to operations, customers, and drivers.
- Generating current and accurate night and weekend reports according to the standard order process.
- Working closely with safety, maintenance, and operations to ensure operators comply with the policies and procedures of each department.
- Promptly answering phone calls, e-mails, voicemails, and other questions from co-workers, customers, and drivers.
- Maintaining positive customer, driver, and carrier relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Can communicate via e-mail, telephone, and in person with clear, correct, and effective English.
- Understands dispatch philosophy and procedures of the company.
- Able to persuade and motivate drivers, keeping “customer satisfaction and driver satisfaction” as guidelines.
- Using AS-400, Peoplenet, Electronic Logbooks, and Netgraf effectively.
Hirschbach has nearly 1,200 full-time employees and professional drivers who continually strive to meet and exceed the transportation needs and customer service expectations of our clients.
With 11 different company locations offering refrigerated transportation services from coast to coast, custom dedicated fleets and non-traditional trucking solutions, Hirschbach offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities to further your career track.
Hirschbach offers a comprehensive benefits plan, 401(k), and Free Gym Memberships.
Watch our latest video!
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|