Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- AA or BA in Education, Management, or Social Services preferred
- High school diploma/G.E.D. required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- Directs the staffing, communication, documentation, training, and quality assurance in assigned areas.
- Facilitates best program practices.
- Completes regular visits to each assigned site to support, train, and discipline staff in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are in place and being followed that satisfy requirements of agency, licensing, funding, legal and accrediting sources.
- Coordinate staff scheduling with other supervisors in the department.
- Provides input into the hiring and disciplining of staff.
- Provides regular feedback to staff, including written annual evaluations
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Holiday on-call is required on a rotating schedule with other Supervisors. Works indoors in an office/program setting, in the assigned CLH’s/Apartments and HCBS homes and occasionally works out-of-doors. Travel required to community sites, medical appointments, etc.
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|