Supported Community Living / HCBS SupervisorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
- AA or BA in Education, Management, or Social Services preferred
- High school diploma/G.E.D. required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required.
- Directs the staffing, communication, documentation, training, and quality assurance in assigned areas.
- Facilitates best program practices.
- Completes regular visits to each assigned site to support, train, and discipline staff in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are in place and being followed that satisfy requirements of agency, licensing, funding, legal and accrediting sources.
- Coordinate staff scheduling with other supervisors in the department.
- Provides input into the hiring and disciplining of staff.
- Provides regular feedback to staff, including written annual evaluations
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Holiday on-call is required on a rotating schedule with other Supervisors. Works indoors in an office/program setting, in the assigned CLH’s/Apartments and HCBS homes and occasionally works out-of-doors. Travel required to community sites, medical appointments, etc.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|