Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule all swim instructors, lifeguards, Swim Team coaches, camp counselors, wranglers and camp maintenance personnel.
- Ensure all employee time sheets are properly filled out and turned in on time.
- Ensure all lifeguards, swim instructors, Swim Team, camp counselors, wrangler and camp maintenance personnel are properly trained and/or certified and that all certifications are up to date. Offer lifeguard training courses and CPR certification classes on an annual basis.
- Schedules times for swim classes and coordinates with the staff of the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA in scheduling available times in order to meet the needs of individual programs. Keeps staff informed of swim schedules and any changes.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient registration of all swim, camp and horse camp programs.
- Is readily available to answer parent questions and works with them in resolving any issues regarding the swim and camp programs.
- Organizes and directs outreach aquatic and camp programs.
- Manages all aspects of the Swim Team program including acting as the Y liaison with the Swim Team Parent Committee. Attends all scheduled meetings and attends all home swim meets.
- Responsible for scheduling swim meets and ensures there are not two home meets scheduled consecutively unless under special circumstances.
- Works with the Aquatics and Camp committees of the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA in developing pool and camp policies and programming.
- Promotes aquatic and camp programs in brochures, and works with staff in developing advertisements promoting both.
- Makes recommendations for new and/or improved programming.
- Responsible for the aquatic and camp budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with framework for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification required or the willingness to be certified.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse age group.
- Strong communication and organization skills, and the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||35 North Booth|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|