Graduate Assistant- Student Activities Programming/Greek LifeUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking a Graduate Assistant- Student Activities Programming/Greek Life within the Office of Student Activities.
The Graduate Assistant will provide support to the following areas under direction from the Director of Student Activities. The position requires evening and weekend hours.
Greek Life—12 hours per week
- Serve as primary advisor for Greek Council, with support and overall guidance from the Director of Student Activities, a governing body of up to 12 Greek letter organizations
- Attend weekly meetings to provide guidance and support
- Attend and help oversee events that the Greek Council hosts
- Assist with Formal Recruitment, including, but not limited to, keeping track of new member attendance sheets, checking chapter outlines, meeting with potential new members if needed, and giving presentations
Student Activities and Campus Programming—6 hours per week
- Serve as secondary advisor for Student Activities Board
- Approximately attend 60% of planned programming, including trips, night & weekend activities
- Assist the Director with executing contracts, hospitality needs, purchasing supplies, and day of operations for performers and events as needed
- Maintain a social media presence for upcoming events and activities
Office of Student Activities—2 hours per week
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Student Involvement Fair
- Provide programming support and assistance with large-scale programming efforts
- Other duties as assigned
All graduate tuition and fees are waived for the student for the term in which they serve as a GA. In return for a waiver of tuition and fees, the assistantship recipient agrees to provide service to the university equivalent to 20 hours per week.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant-Student Activities Programming/Greek Life position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.