Accounting & Payroll CoordinatorPlatinum Supplemental Insurance, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Platinum Supplemental Insurance markets cost-effective, benefit-rich supplemental insurance policies that help families focus on recovery, not finances, when a family member is fighting cancer, heart attack or stroke, or is affected by critical illness or injury. Founded in 1995 in Dubuque, Iowa, Platinum is dedicated to enhancing the lives of its customers, representatives and employees by delivering exceptional value and customer service at all times; offering unmatched opportunities for personal, professional and financial growth; and operating with unwavering passion, integrity and concern for others. For more information on Platinum, our product lines and career opportunities, visit www.pltnm.com.
Accounting & Payroll Coordinator
As an Accounting & Payroll Coordinator with Platinum Supplemental Insurance, you will help support the roles and responsibilities of the finance team within our Dubuque home office. Working alongside a talented team of professionals, you will enjoy our fun, friendly office atmosphere.
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for maintaining the company’s payroll system and processing weekly payroll. You will also help maintain adequate records of financial transactions between Platinum and its partners. To be successful in this role, you need to be thorough, but efficient, while following detailed processes. High-level organizational skills and an understanding of accounting software are also preferred. If this sounds like a good fit for you, read on to learn more and apply today.
- Provide an overall outstanding customer service experience as a No. 1 priority
- Proficiently use and monitor the payroll and time-card system
- Process weekly payroll for the entire organization
- Update information in the payroll system as needed, such as new hires, terminations and wage increases
- Maintain adequate records and reconcile accounts by inputting and analyzing data, preparing general ledger entries, and recording all revenues and expenses
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable by maintaining adequate records and following up with internal or external partners, as needed
- Maintain all other accounting modules, including bank reconciliation
- Monitor company cash needs and recommend, request and follow up on required cash calls
- Respond to accounting questions and prepare and analyze special reports, as needed
- Protect company values by maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous accounting experience beneficial
- Competency with Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) and applicable accounting software
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and efficiency
- A commitment to providing pleasant, professional and responsive service to all customers, internal and external
- Appreciation for a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Excellent compensation and benefits package (including health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short- and long-term disability; retirement plan with employer matching; and flexible spending account)
- The training, management and resources necessary to support your career growth, helping you to exceed your personal and professional goals
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee health and wellness program that includes free personal training, if desired
- Casual dress
- Typical workweek: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m.– 3 p.m.
- Modern office facilities on Dubuque's thriving, historic Main St.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Platinum Supplemental Insurance is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EOE) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should visit pltnm.com/careers/corporate-jobs, click the green Apply Now button and complete our online application. Please attach your resume. We perform a thorough hiring process in a timely manner for the benefit of our candidates and for Platinum’s long-term success.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|