RN Nursing SupervisorCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all job functions according to the mission and values of Crescent.
- Guides and supports nurses and works with clinic manager to implement protocols/ polices
- Point person for nursing specific issues that come up in the clinical setting (utilizing clinic manager prn).
- Establishes and implements clinical guidelines for treatment of conditions
- Ensures nursing competencies are complete and work is performed according to policies, guidelines and scope of practice.
- Assists in hiring and conducting clinical on-boarding with as well as performance management of nursing staff.
- Serves as a medical staff mentor, assists with new hire orientation.
- Assist triage nurse with complex patients/coordinate care throughout clinical setting, as well as callbacks and triage.
- Float into different roles (triage, rooming, etc.) if short staffed and cover lunch breaks for nursing staff.
- Assist in rooming patients to allow care teams to get caught up on paperwork on a prn basis
- Participate in board huddles and lead board huddles if clinic manager not available
- Is the initial and main point of contact for after-hours and critical lab values, ensuring the patient and provider are notified of results and directed appropriately within one hour of call.
- Develops, reviews and updates clinic policies and treatment guidelines annually and on-going as determined by Administrative staff, PI Committee and the Board of Directors
- Attend Performance Improvement, Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Management Team meetings as directed.
- Coordinates nursing student externship and volunteers for clinical opportunities as requested and appropriate in collaboration with the Clinic Manager.
- Encourages on-going education through journal review and case studies with application of EBP.
- Demonstrate hands on competencies to complete all nursing duties within the department and assist as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a RN
- Minimum of three years of experience working in an ambulatory practice demonstrating progressive responsibility
- Iowa nursing or Nurse Practitioner license
- BLS certification
- Experience with quality improvement practices
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
Crescent offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|