Aviation Maintenance Assistant (Full-time)University of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University who is seeking an Aviation Maintenance Assistant (full-time) in the Aviation department.
The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, 4 weeks’ vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Support and assist in the maintenance of UD aircraft and related equipment
- Provide administrative and maintenance support to the Director of Maintenance
- Ensure maintenance of all UD aircraft in accordance with applicable FARs and UD policies
- Assist in reconciliation of aircraft maintenance logs and other maintenance aircraft related documents
- Assist with resolving discrepancies or other maintenance related issues by coordinating with flight center staff
- Assist in training and onboarding of incoming work-study staff
- Any other duties as assigned in the advancement of the UD and aviation department mission
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-months fixed-wing or rotor-wing aircraft maintenance experience
- A&P certificate
- Effective communication skills; both orally and writing
- Exceptional skills using Microsoft Office
- Valid US driver’s license
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. The Aviation Department manages three Aviation Programs that provide students with the academic and professional tools needed to success in all segments of the Aviation Industry.
To apply with a growing University for the Aviation Maintenance Assistant (full-time) position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|