Production Manager - 1st shiftBodine Electric Company, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and directs departmental activities to achieve goals of safety, quality, customer service, and budget.
- Works with all functional areas to resolve production issues.
- Monitors and evaluates departmental performance providing feedback to V.P. of Manufacturing.
- Establishes work schedules, conduct performance evaluations, provide coaching and training, and set departmental expectations and goals.
- Drive changes in working environment, processes, and equipment usage to increase the overall efficiency of the production operation.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows all departmental work procedures and company policies, including all company safety policies.
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Participates in employee training programs.
- Ensures the work area and equipment is properly maintained to provide a safe and efficient operation.
- Occasional travel required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Must be able to manage and lead the activities of other Employees to achieve company goals
- Must be able to use BEC information systems such as Visual PDM, 4th Shift, etc. as required.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other BEC process documentation.
- Knowledge of industrial safety systems and regulations such as OSHA workplace regulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 2 – 3 years of manufacturing experience required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Fast-paced, office and temperature controlled manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to materials and noise levels which are well within the acceptable limits set by Occupational Safety & Health Administration on an occasional basis.
- Personal protective equipment required as instructed.
- Anti-Static personal equipment required as instructed.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|