Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Supports clients in the operations of the individual program plan, development, evaluation and coordination.
- Maintains accurate documentation related to the clients and the program.
- Confirms use of client documentation through EDOC to perform regular audits on service documentation, missing entry reports & monthly QA reports. Monitors and assures complete and accurate documentation for services provided; assures quality standards are maintained and in compliance with CARF, MCO/Medicaid rules & standards.
- Assists in client rate setting.
- Supports client to assure adequate staff is available.
- Supports clients with identifying resource needs.
- Supports clients & their families regarding needed programs, services and activities.
- Supports the clients with developing and prepares, along with implementing of program plans.
- Supports the clients with assisting with communication with case managers, along with providing updates to case managers and family.
- Frequently visits homes of the clients to assess changing needs of the clients.
- Supports the clients in training others on client’s individual program plans & supports.
- Supports the client in implementation of proper protocol(s) per the individual’s program plan for crisis response & crisis management.
- Assists the client with coordinating transportation needs as necessary to meet the individual’s program plan.
- Supports clients in assuring all medical issues/concerns are addressed, through advocary and direct relationships.
- Supports the client in assuring their data is maintained confidentially in compliance with HIPAA policy.
- Assures continuous assessment & on-going improvements (updates) of the individual’s service plan, based on assessments.
- Supports client’s individual program plans & support issues through reviewing staff performance.
- Developes and maintains, with client support, knowledge of client safety plans & client emergency procedures and implements accordingly, to include but not limited to fire safety, risk management, disaster plans, severe weather procedures, equipment repair and maintenance needs, & safe environmental conditions.
- In support of the client’s health and safety plans, as assigned, teach MANDT, Medication Manager, CPR & First Aid or other related training classes.
- Supports clients with coordination with Human Resources with the development of necessary programs, along with development of training standards for the organization in the program areas and assesses training needs.
- Gathers client data & program outcomes for clients, analyzes & interprets the information specific to individual & submits reports to assure performance indicators are adequate & in compliance with CARF, MCO/Medicaid rules & regulations.
- Supports new clients with the admission & discharge process for the HCBS program clients, as assigned.
- Assures client maintains accurate documentation related to client support meeting CARF& MCO/Medicaid rules & standards.
- Provides direct support to clients as needed.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate client records and client reports meeting CARF, MCO/Medicaid & HCBS standards, rules & regulations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to interviewing, hiring, appraising performance; identifies disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems and maintaining harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Reviews and attends to the assigned employees’ daily concerns; provides continuous direction and supervision.
- Reviews and approves time records and expenditure forms of assigned employees.
- Serves on assigned committees for the successful operations of the Organization and implementation of Hills & Dales strategy.
- Assures the confidentiality of employee, client and operations data.
- Attends training, workshops, and seminars.
- Assures all required certifications for training are maintained and processed including but not limited to MANDT, CPR, First Aide, and Medication Manger.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for client’s by assuring that all transactions have been recorded accurately per policy.
- Assures each client has a notice of decision/approved authorization from MCO prior to services starting and assures this throughout the client’s services with Hills & Dales.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Education, knowledge and training:
- Free from a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field is preferred, an Associate of Arts degree with one-year experience in a direct support setting will be considered, or a minimum of one-year supervisory experience demonstrated leadership ability with a minimum of two years experience in a direct support setting.
- Ability and desire to work with children and/or adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Medication Manager Certification, CPR & First Aide Certification preferred.
- MANDT Certification, desired.
Valid driver’s license, proof of personal vehicle insurance.
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|