Chief Information OfficerUnited Clinical Laboratories, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
United Clinical Laboratories (UCL) is a medical laboratory providing routine, emergency and reference laboratory services to Dubuque's major health care providers and people residing within a 50-mile radius.
UCL is recognized both locally and nationally for it's comittment to quality and it's innovative use of resources and technology.
UCL is a for-profit business venture owned by Mercy Hospital, Finley Hospital, and Pathology Associates. The three owners created UCL in 1986 in anticipation of the current trends now seen in the health care industry. Pathology Associates has seven board-certified pathologists located at Mercy and Finley Hospitals. They provide clinical laboratory consultation to patients and physicians in the Tri-State area 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
UCL operates at five (5) sites (Mercy Medical Center - Dubuque, Mercy Medical Center - Dyersville, Unity Point Health - Finley Hospital, Medical Associates - Maquoketa, and Cathedral Square) fulfilling its mission of providing timely, accurate, laboratory results using cost effective production methods.
UCL has 160 well-trained, highly skilled, staff members, working both full and part time. Employment opportunities at UCL are wide-ranged including the traditional laboratory positions: medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians, cytotechnologists, histotechnicians and phlebotomists. UCL also offers many non-traditional laboratory careers including: information technology, human resources management, materials management, accounting, and medical billing.
UCL has a strong committment to continuing education including tuition reimbursement and support for transition from one position to another.
Our Chief Information Officer will:
- Ensure regular high level network support and systems for all key IT related functions within UCL and between clients, patrons or other defined organizations.
- Ensure high level software functionality of all key systems.
- Actively work with the Medical Directors and Lab Leadership to effectively deploy IT resources.
- Collaborate with patron hospitals, community healthcare leaders and associated organizations to provide laboratory data connectivity in a secure environment.
- Evaluate end user satisfaction and interface with internal and external clients.
- Recommends capital expenditures in future technology and regulatory compliance.
Qualified applicants will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and
- 5 or more years of Information Technology experience, and
- At least 3 years experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Experience or knowledge of the healthcare industry a plus.
If you meet these qualifications, please send a resume to email@example.com by July 15, 2018. Please include your salary expectation in the cover letter explaining your interest in this Executive position.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|