Graduate and Adult Admissions CounselorClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The university is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Graduate and Adult Programs Admissions Counselor. This position is instrumental in representing Clarke University in various contexts as part of the enrollment process.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attends college fairs and other off-campus recruitment events, university day/night programs, telemarketing, and other personal contacts aimed at fulfilling enrollment management goals and strategies
- Carry out planned activities aimed at generating interest in the University, disseminating accurate information and encouraging campus visitation and enrollment.
- Develop and implement programs that involve the entire university community in the enrollment management initiatives and efforts.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of procedures and strategies within the Admissions Office.
- Work in partnership with Deans and faculty to marketing the adult educational opportunities to corporate, education, and other non-profit executives and potential student populations by:
- Arranging for and attending job fairs, education fairs, trade organization events, professional conferences, and other professional functions to inform executives and potential students about Clarke’s programs.
- Maintaining information pertaining to corporate education reimbursement programs and specifically targeting those corporations as a part of marketing plan.
- Connecting with Clarke alumni and advisory board members to increase marketing effectiveness.
- Travel is required for this position.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience, preferably sales and marketing.
- Professional experience in a higher education setting within graduate and adult populations.
- Academic Advising or student counseling experience is desired.
- Strong knowledge of web-based marketing, including familiarity with social media platforms.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent time management skills and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and databases needed.
To apply, please submit a letter of application and resume online at https://clarke.applicantpool.com/jobs. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.