Medical Scheduling Coordinator ($800 NEW HIRE BONUS)Area Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- Scheduling and coordinating all medical appointments
- Must be able to transport individuals served or agency products to various locations in agency owned vehicles and/or personal vehicle
- Assist with maintaining Medicaid paperwork (EX: Medicaid annual eligibility forms)
- Transport and accompany agency consumers to medical appointments throughout the week. Relay any doctor communications to the appropriate consumer’s IPC. Maintain confidentiality of consumer medical information as
- Trains, instructs, and supervises individuals with mental and sometimes physical disabilities in the skills and behaviors necessary to live and recreate in a home and community setting.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with agency staff, members of the community, service providers, and individuals.
- Provide respite coverage as needed for day program consumers in their homes
- Maintains daily documentation of program activities with each consumer served using Quantum.
- Uses a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home and community, including physical restraint in emergency situations.
- Constantly monitors the safety conditions in each individual’s environment.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Passes medications to individuals served after completing agency sponsored training.
- Manages the stress associated with training and caring for individuals who may occasionally exhibit aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors.
- Is flexible to adjust schedule to accommodate individuals’ concerns, needs, schedules, meetings, and doctor appointments.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|