Preschool TeacherDubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a focus on YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- Prepare lessons that meet educational requirements in an age-appropriate manner, and teach in a manner suitable for the ages of all participating students.
- Manage a busy classroom environment, and provide the structure and discipline required for successful learning for everyone in the classroom
- Help children meet educational milestone through personalized instruction and other supplementary assistance.
- Collaborate with other teachers, instructors, and staff members to create an optimal learning and care environment.
- Provide helpful feedback to parents and guardians on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Work with diverse populations of children and adults from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Prepare lesson plans for student according to the age, developmental maturity, and needs of the children being taught, while including fundamental vocabulary, simple shapes, basic colors, letters, and numbers into the curriculum.
- Address basic interpersonal skills, such as sharing, taking turns, and asking permission in the classroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. The degree must include completing a teacher prep program and include an approved human relations component.
- State of Iowa teaching license for elementary education with an early childhood endorsement.
- Ability to develop lesson plans that meet educational standards.
- Familiarity with classroom management skills.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and able to multi-task.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|