Information System Support SpecialistBARD Materials, Dyersville, IA Dubuque, IA
BARD Materials was founded on the principles of dedication, service, quality, and integrity in business. By keeping these principles at the forefront, BARD Materials has grown to employ over 160 employees with a network of 20 ready mix plants and 30 aggregate sources serving the Tri-State area. Being family owned since 1946 and operating in small towns, BARD Material's integrity is rooted in small town values.
Safety is paramount at BARD Materials. Our goal everyday is to send our employees home safely to their friends and families. We work hard to identify and respond to safety concerns and allow our employees to grow through empowerment, training, and the use of new technology. We value our employees who perform their jobs effectively, efficiently, and with business ethics to ensure long term relationships for themselves, our company and our customers.
BARD Materials combines small town values with the capabilities to perform any job. Being a small player in a large industry, BARD Materials strives everyday to be the best - not the biggest - and to Safely Deliver Material Value with Integrity.
Join The BARD Team! We are looking for an Information System Support Specialist based out of Dubuque or Dyersville.
Who We Are:
BARD Materials is a family-owned Readymix and Aggregate Supplier who Transforms Materials Responsibly to Build Better Lives, Communities, and Country.We are always innovating and coming up with new ways of incorporating technology. Our IT staff implements and supports a wide variety of systems in many different environments, from offices to rock quarries and everything in between.
Live the BARD Core Values of:
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
Who you are:
- You love to help people and solve problems.
- You love technology.
- You are a Leader
- You enjoy debating what the superior RAID level is (even though hardware RAID is obsolete.)
- You understand that the only thing more important than documentation is… that was a joke. Nothing is more important than documentation.
- You are great at managing expectations and de-escalating stressed user situations.
- You are able to conduct research (i.e. "Google") into a wide range of computing issues.
- You are driven to not only provide support, but to determine root cause and create long-term solutions.
- You have a keen attention to detail.
- You are bothered by overdue support tickets.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in IT support, or a college degree in a computer related field.
- You have phenomenal in-person, phone, and written communication skills.
- You are familiar with (or excited to learn about!) support ticket systems: Assigning, updating, closing, filtering, etc.
About the position:
Primary role is front line helpdesk support for all IT systems such as Windows OS's, Office 365, Dispatch software, GPS telematic system, Security cameras, Android OS, MDM software, Remote Desktop (RDP), VoIP phones and IP-PBX software, time clocks and software, as well as many other systems.
Additional duties will require you to:
- Support and train employees in Information Systems initiatives.
- Document best practices within IT department.
- Document common software best practices for end-users.
- Provide Tier I/II and other support per request. Analyze system logs and identify potential problems.
- Respond quickly to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or onsite.
- Travel within the tri-state area (take a look at our locations page on the website).
- Fix and Maintain computer software, hardware, and networking equipment.
- Work closely with existing IT team and report to IT Director.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Wellness Program, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, 401 K, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay and an Employee Assistance Program.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|