Vehicle Seating Product ManagerFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Aids in the development of a Strategic Plan for Vehicle Seating business including new product pipeline, top line revenue, SG&A investments, margin requirements and bottom line earnings.
Identifies opportunistic markets for growth in Vehicle Seating that fits with both Flexsteel branding standards and portfolio consistency. Supports selling organization, including direct development and selling of select major accounts. Monitors profitability of product line as well as customer segments and works with manufacturing/sourcing organization to maximize profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A) working to meet clearly stated internal customer requirements
B) looking for opportunities to improve work processes
- Implementation of business unit plans including sales, product development/portfolio management, and shared services including manufacturing, finance, quoting, total customer experience and marketing.
- Develops, maintains and cultivates strong relationships with customers across desired market segments directly and through dedicated sales leadership and the Independent Representative sales force.
- Ensures market knowledge of markets served including industry influencer organizations regarding unique market requirements, product/service specifications and practices to anticipate and shape the appropriate offerings to grow the business for Flexsteel Industries, Inc.
- Ensures a competitive value proposition and maintains a continuous cycle of customer discovery to establish and maintain a strong position in the marketplace.
- Ensures the right product portfolio is developed/maintained in conjunction with Manager of Design & Engineering and enhanced to meet the requirements and expectations of market segments served, including quality targets.
- Works with corporate marketing to develop and deliver the marketing strategy for the Vehicle Seating business including brand image, advertising and communication, trade show investment and any collateral material required for the sales and marketing of Flexsteel products and services.
- Ensures compliance with any and all regulatory requirements for products sold and serviced by Flexsteel Industries, Inc and actively cultivates a culture of IP/Trademark pursuit and capture.
- Leads the distribution strategy and continuous improvement for market positioning to best serve our customers, new and desired.
- Provides leadership and accountability for sales, manufacturing and sourcing to ensure on time, in full error free order fulfillment to every customer every time safely; creates scorecard visibility on all key elements and drive a competitive total cost to serve position.
- Creates a customer service experience in which our customers regard Flexsteel as “Easiest to do business with.”
- Maintains an intimate understanding of the market requirements and foresight into industry changes and consistently applies the knowledge with adjustments to the strategy and operational plan, and serves as the face of Flexsteel Vehicle Seating across the industry.
- Makes the appropriate investments and budget management decisions to deliver committed business results.
- Conforms to both the spirit and content of company policies and leadership practices and serves as a role model to colleagues across the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree required
5-6 years of exceptional leadership and business skill experience with a strong competitive drive to maintain Flexsteel’s position as an industry leader.
Experience in recreational vehicle/boating industry preferred.
Experience in sales/sales management or product management preferred.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V