Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and a overseeing a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results meet internal requirements and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Controller will work closely with company managers and their staffs, to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support operations.
WHAT IT TAKES:
You must have a Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with five to ten years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders. You should have experience in complex corporate accounting structures. In addition, we are looking for:
• Candidates with public accounting experience, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant designations.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the company mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the Controller, the responsibility for accounting and finance.
• Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, inventory, and cash management.
• Technology skills with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; a knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
• Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management.
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|