After School ParaSedona Staffing Services, Dubuque, IA
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
After School Para
- September 4th, 2018 May 24h, 2019
- Salary $8.50-$10 per hour depending on experience and education
- Orientation: To be announced
- Regular Program Hours: M - F 2:55/3:05 -5:45 (start time will vary based on individual school dismissal time)
- Location Options: Audubon, Lincoln, Marshall, Dyersville, and Peosta Elementary
- In accordance with Protection and Safety Policy, a criminal record check will be completed on any applicant selected for this position
- Mandatory Reporter Training required
Definition: Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Administrative Team, and Site-Lead, after school para educators assist the Site Lead with the general supervision and management of the children in the program. Program varies by school and more specific program information will be provided during interviews. Monthly meetings with program staff are also a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Site Lead to implement daily programming.
- Assist with and lead activities designed to enhance the health, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled in the program.
- Assist with homework help (check assignment notebooks and 20 minutes of reading time.)
- Ensure the safety of the children in program at all times.
- Enforces all school rules. Follow the policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model for participating youth. Dress appropriately according to employee handbook.
- Work as a team with other staff and school staff.
- Demonstrate positive, high energy and interaction.
- Effectively communicate with Site Lead, co-workers, parents and program coordinators as needed.
- Resolve student situations – behavioral, first aid, and emotional.
- Show up on-time for program (varies by site, but usually 15 minutes before school dismissal).
- Maintain the confidentiality of all participating children, families and co-workers.
- Be responsible for the care of all equipment the children use.
- Meet on a monthly basis with program staff.
- Maintain professional relationship with the children, parents and co-workers.
- Complete general housekeeping to make sure the area is left clean for the next program/class.
- Treat all children, parents, co-workers and school district staff with dignity and respect.
- Assist with snack set-up at site according to state guidelines/procedures.
- Attend all staff development trainings.
- Observe and record the behavior of individual children assigned to their care according to discipline and harassment policies. Report problematic behavior to the Site Lead who will then report to the Program Coordinators.
- Other duties as requested by the Site Lead or Program Coordinators.
- Education or certification around Early Childhood, Elementary Education, reading and/or special education preferred.
- Experience working with low income populations preferred.
- Candidates with CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with children required. Experience working with groups of children preferred. (Ex: classrooms, daycare, camp, after school program, childcare, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate effective and appropriate teaching and discipline styles.
- Ability to adjust teaching methods to meet the needs of students.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Dependable, reliable work/volunteer history.
- Available to work all days of program.
- Reliable transportation to and from program site.
- Reliable daily communication method – either phone or email.
Please email resume to email@example.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-556-3040|
|Apply in Person:||2065 Holliday Drive|
|Apply by Mail:||2065 Holliday Drive|
Dubuque, IA 52002
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|