Scheduling CoordinatorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
Values: Our values for all people are based on having: rights/responsibilities; dignity/respect; choices/preferences; community as the natural environment to live/work/recreate; success in life through encouragement/supports; satisfaction with services/prompt response to concerns.
- High school diploma or GED and
- 6 months of concurrent, relevant work experience.
- Experience in scheduling and working in a medical setting preferred.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Ability to read instructions.
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing; must be able to use a telephone.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- This position involves sedentary to light physical work that requires occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Must work independently on assigned tasks.
To coordinate the scheduling of staff assigned to work in agency houses and apartments. Primary duties include:
- Works collaboratively with supervisors to monitor staff work schedules for all homes, apartments and day programs in the agency.
- Contacts agency staff to efficiently fill open shifts in accordance with company policy/procedure and union contract.
- Has timely communication between departments.
- Maintains and follows the overtime list for the department per union contract.
- Maintains all calling lists for additional hours.
- Schedules residential vehicles for use during evening/weekend hours according to activity plans submitted by the community living homes.
- Responsible for communicating with outside transportation services for consumer transportation.
- Transport agency mail between locations every Friday and as needed.
- Responsible for the “on-call” phone as needed.
Hours are typically Mon-Fri varying between 7:00am and 5:30pm. 40 hours/week.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurances
- 401k with employer contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accrued disability time
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|