Scheduling CoordinatorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Values: Our values for all people are based on having: rights/responsibilities; dignity/respect; choices/preferences; community as the natural environment to live/work/recreate; success in life through encouragement/supports; satisfaction with services/prompt response to concerns.
- High school diploma or GED and
- 6 months of concurrent, relevant work experience.
- Experience in scheduling and working in a medical setting preferred.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Ability to read instructions.
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing; must be able to use a telephone.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- This position involves sedentary to light physical work that requires occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Must work independently on assigned tasks.
To coordinate the scheduling of staff assigned to work in agency houses and apartments. Primary duties include:
- Works collaboratively with supervisors to monitor staff work schedules for all homes, apartments and day programs in the agency.
- Contacts agency staff to efficiently fill open shifts in accordance with company policy/procedure and union contract.
- Has timely communication between departments.
- Maintains and follows the overtime list for the department per union contract.
- Maintains all calling lists for additional hours.
- Schedules residential vehicles for use during evening/weekend hours according to activity plans submitted by the community living homes.
- Responsible for communicating with outside transportation services for consumer transportation.
- Transport agency mail between locations every Friday and as needed.
- Responsible for the “on-call” phone as needed.
Hours are typically Mon-Fri varying between 7:00am and 5:30pm. 40 hours/week.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurances
- 401k with employer contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accrued disability time
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|