The City of Dubuque has operated under the Council/Manager form of government since 1920. Under this form, legislative responsibility rests with the City Council and administration authority is given to a professional City Manager.
The City Council is responsible for setting overall policies and goals for the City and is comprised of the Mayor and six members who are selected in a non-partisan election for four year terms. The Mayor is the chief elected official and formal representative of the City. The Mayor and two council members are elected atlarge and four council members are elected from one of four wards into which the City's thirty-one square miles are divided. Over twenty boards and commissions are appointed by the council to advise them on a wide range of city issues. The City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of city government.
Departments include Airport. Community and Economic Development, Fire, Personnel, Building Safety, Health Services, Water Treatment and Water Pollution Control, Administrative Services, Library, Leisure Services, Planning Services, Police, Public Works and Transportation, Housing Services, Human Rights and Operations and Maintenance. The City of Dubuque employs 549 fulltime employees and has a combined operating and capital budget of $180 million.
Examples of Duties:
1. Work under the direction supervision of PGA Head Golf Professional or an individual assigned by the Golf Professional to supervise the duties of the concession workers.
2. Provide customers food and beverage products quickly and in a pleasant, courteous manner. This position will require operating equipment but not limited to a popcorn machine, flat top grill, deep fryer, hot dog roller and other miscellaneous kitchen tool and equipment. Will include food preparation when applicable.
3. Practice proper health and sanitation procedures in product handling. Reports potential hazards to supervisor.
4. Observe correct operations of concession equipment and adequate supply of product.
5. Correctly operate cash register and place all collected money in cash drawer and accurately complete transactions. Ability to issue correct change and operate credit card terminal, closing out and balancing cash drawer.
6. Assist with daily cleaning of equipment and facilities as directed by assigned supervisor. Performs light cleaning duties to include washing dishes, wiping down counters and tables, sweeping and mopping floors. Performs custodial duties when needed, to include cleaning restrooms daily, cleans sinks, toilets and floors of designated work area.
7. Verify age of customers purchasing alcohol products.
8. Require photo identification for all personal checks written to City of Dubque – cash advances are not permitted.
9. Golf course beverage cart operations must have secure product and cash handling at all times. Will be responsible for beginning and ending inventory along with daily sales of assigned shift. Must be aware of proper golf etiquette when handling beverage cart.
10. Maintain proper standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
11. Assist with complete start-up and closing procedures of assigned work area on a daily basis.
12. Perform other duties as assigned including assistance in all areas if operations.
13. Maintain regular attendance as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the golf schedule.
14. Establish IPACT certification prior to first day of employment
1. Must be eighteen years of age.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with the general public and provide
exceptional customer service.
3. Ability to establish effecting working relationships with supervisor and co-workers.
4. Ability to effectively convey information and handle complaints from the public in a professional manner.
5. Must be able to collect, record and handle fees and complete appropriate forms.
6. Ability to operate cash register; knowledge and ability to serve products on designated menu.
7. Have good verbal communication skills, be honest, dependable, responsible, team player, and have a desire to serve the public
Women, minorities, veterans and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER