Help Desk Technology SupportSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides computer and technical assistance to individual end users to enable effective technology utilization; duties may include, but are not limited to addressing daily campus technology requests, including prioritizing tickets and requests, assessing the issues, implementing resolution; and troubleshooting technical issues (e.g., network issues) in person and over the phone
- Purchases and deploys new computers and other hardware and software based on college requirements; related duties may involve determining budgeted amount; complying with purchasing policies, licensing agreements, copyright, and other laws and regulations; reviewing quotes; and researching and recommending software and hardware purchases
- Manages various aspects of ongoing and potential entry level projects to ensure timely project/task completion; work may involve prioritizing tasks, determining resources, adjusting timelines, and assessing vendor strategies
- Provides training to end users of new software and hardware to promote effective use of technology; duties may involve assessing user competency, presenting information in a non-technical way, determining hardware and software needs, and maintaining records
- Assists in the development of the budget by determining hardware standards and pricing; and manages assets by determining needs for asset tags and assigning asset locations
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree in Information Technology or related field and one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (may include): A+ Certification
· Technology troubleshooting techniques;
· Project coordination principles and practices;
· Customer service principles;
· Applicable hardware, software, media, telecommunications, and/or related equipment;
· Applicable technology systems;
· Research methods;
· Training techniques;
· Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and regulations.
· Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing hardware, software, peripheral devices, and/or other related equipment problems;
· Ordering and maintaining equipment and inventory;
· Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
· Researching technological solutions and upgrades;
· Training end-users;
· Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 19, 2018
STARTING DATE: September 10, 2018
SALARY: B23, Hourly Wage Range - $18.96 - $24.64
BENEFITS/SERVICES: Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following and much more:
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|