This listing has expired
Hodge is a performance-driven logistics and material handling company that delivers an efficient way to approach the many layers of the supply chain. From the strategy, down to execution, Hodge provides the products, people and solutions that allows companies to optimize their supply chains. We combine 60 years of warehousing and distribution management experience as a third-party logistics provider with our knowledge as a material handling equipment dealer to offer integrated, end-to-end solutions for our customers.
From finding and planning your warehouse space to be the most effective and efficient for your needs, to supplying you with and servicing the best equipment available, to the management of materials from point A to point B, and everything in between, Hodge provides solutions at every phase of your operation and supply chain.
Headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Hodge brings to the table nearly 6 decades of industry experience, nearly 800 dedicated employees, operating in 24 locations across 5 states. We bring ideas to life by delivering smart, honest service and an ironclad commitment to helping our customers achieve their goals.
Take a look at Hodge and you’ll find a growing, dynamic company in an industry that’s ever-changing. If you’ve got a Whatever It Takes mentality, you’ve found your place at Hodge - Join us today!
- Monitor and assign tickets to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Processes shipping and delivery, open assembly, and security tickets
- Manage the Project Request Tool assignments and workflow
- Manage small projects or support the team with their projects as needed
- Develop and run ad-hoc and pro-forma reports
- SharePoint asset site owner and developer of specific SharePoint assets
- Manage/own the architecture of The Knowledge Center to ensure ease of use
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of process documents
Coordinate team meetings on/off site
- Plan and schedule trips for team members, including car rentals
- Work toward continuous improvement
- Stay current with changing technology (including SharePoint updates)
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED or continuing education
- Previous customer service experience
- Intermediate computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- College degree and/or continuing education
- Previous administrative/clerical experience
- SharePoint Developer
- Familiar with SAP software