CustodianHoly Family Catholic Schools, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Holy Family Catholic Schools is the largest Catholic school system in Northeast Iowa. We are an early childhood through 12th-grade educational system, serving nearly 2,600 throughout eight locations. At Holy Family, we are dedicated to providing our students with a premier education that will prepare them for a lifetime of success. Our nearly 500 employees are the foundation that makes this mission possible. We strive to create a culture that encourages professional growth while maintaining a work-life balance.
If you are interested in joining a welcoming and supportive community, consider a career with Holy Family Catholic Schools. Benefits available to our full-time employees include generous paid time-off, benefit dollars and tuition remission for K-12 programming. Group insurance plans are also available.
Please consider joining us in this very important mission. We invite you to explore our variety of opportunities.
Summary: The custodian will help to provide students and staff with a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean place in which to learn, play and develop.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- On a daily basis, check to ensure that all outside doors are functioning properly and that the building is secured.
- Empty all trash daily.
- Sweep, mop and/or vacuum classrooms/common areas and dust/disinfect furniture daily, based upon schedule.
- Scrub and disinfect toilets and bathroom floors and clean bathroom mirrors daily.
- Clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- In general, keep building and premises, including stairways, corridors, classrooms, restrooms, dining spaces, sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Wash all windows, on both the inside and at ground level.
- Scrub dining areas, classrooms and common areas, as often as directed.
- Prepare athletic facilities before and after events and activities as required.
- Shovel snow, plow snow, sand walks, driveways, parking areas and steps as needed to maintain clearance and safety.
- Cut/trim grass as needed to maintain an acceptable appearance.
- Make minor building repairs as directed.
- Move furniture/equipment between sites using HFCS equipment as directed.
- Assist with summer “deep” cleaning, as directed, possibly being responsible for student crew.
- Maintain adequate inventory of custodial supplies, keeping equipment on hand, and placing requisitions as needed for replacements.
- Stay current with changing technology and equipment.
- Uphold, support, and promote all Holy Family Catholic Schools’ policies and procedures.
- Secure the building at the end of the shift.
Qualified candidates must have a valid driver's license.
Apply by email: jrusch@holyfamilydbqorg or complete a Holy Family application online at www.holyfamilydbq.org/careers.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|