Accounts PayableSpahn & Rose Lumber Co, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We currently have an opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk at our corporate office in Dubuque. This position is responsible for the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with buyers.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code, balance and match invoices
- Coordinate invoice processing by contacting supplier and other departments as needed to research and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices
- Upload invoices into accounting system
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and vendor statements
- Provides information by answering accounts payable related questions and requests
- Ensure accuracy of supplier information including payment terms and remittance information
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Assist with month end closing
- Some college preferred; however relevant work experience would be considered in lieu of education
- 1+ years of Full-cycle Accounts Payable experience or general accounting experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff and management
- Ability to stay positive, motivated and upbeat and keep a sense of humor
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proven capability establishing good relationships and contributing in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook
- Organizational skills
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic organization doing business for over 113 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|