Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose Lumber Co. currently has an opening for a full-time Local Class B Driver at our store in Dubuque. This position helps to ensure the customer is always serviced first by providing safe, timely and efficient delivery service of building materials.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the Company and the customer. To help grow our business.
- When required, unload and load trailer, either with or without assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Driving a vehicle in compliance with safety and DOT regulations
- Check load to ensure it is properly secured and the correct material and amount of material is being delivered before leaving the yard.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Perform pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspections on equipment. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately.
- Keep lumber yard clean, well-organized and safe.
- Must have valid Class B driver’s license and the ability to pass a DOT physical.
- Basic reading, writing comprehension and math skills required.
- Must consent to MVR check.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative attitude.
- Lifting of up to 35 pounds, 70lbs occasionally and up to 100lbs as needed and the ability to bend and twist in awkward positions.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, PTO, paid holidays, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a stable, growing and dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|