Purchasing AgentHonkamp Krueger & Co., P.C., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C. (HK) is a Top 100 CPA and business consulting firm in the U.S. and largest Iowa-based CPA firm (Accounting Today, 2018). Our headquarters are located in Dubuque, Iowa with branch locations in Cedar Rapids and Davenport, IA and Madison and Platteville, Wis. HK is a five-time recipient of the Top Workplace in Iowa award by the Des Moines Register and has been named Employer of the Year by the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce.
HK serve clients with value-added, forward-thinking, effective, and timely solutions across more than 40 service lines. For over 70 years, privately-held organizations, Fortune 500 multi-nationals, franchisor organizations, individuals and nonprofits have experienced the HK Family of Companies’ promise of world-class customer service and innovative solutions.
In addition to HK, the HK Family of Companies also includes our wealth management affiliate, HK Financial Services (HKFS).
How would you like the opportunity to join a company that is new to the Dubuque area offering great pay, comprehensive benefits and a great employee branding culture? This high-performance agricultural industry is searching for a purchasing agent who values a cohesive team-based work environment. The company offers the highest level of service and support in the industry.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring timely and appropriate inventory and services, considering price, reliability, quality, availability and technical support. This position also requires great people skills and the ability to relate to all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers, vendors, and retail locations to ensure inventory is appropriate
- Build relationships with suppliers and vendors and understand the industry and available options
- Work with warehouses to insure products are received in good condition and develop procedures to handle and identify defective products
- Develop and optimize procurement of finished goods
- Manage inbound shipments
- Work with freight forwarder – customs clearance and documents
- Backup and assist with logistics needs such as movements between warehouses
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, software and programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company/Industry: Agricultural Distribution
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Job Type: Full-time