Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors and controls. Established in 1905, and still family owned, Bodine Electric continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, customer service and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest winding, machining, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the scheduling of production for the manufacturing of the company’s production lines to achieve goals of inventory, customer service, safety, quality, and budget.
- Works with all levels of the organization to ensure corporate objectives are met, must apply complex problem solving skills.
- Liaising with Purchasing, Sales, Design and Manufacturing to assure that corporate objectives are met.
- Maintains proper employment levels by providing oversight for selection, training and evaluating personnel.
- Ensures that all departmental employees are trained in and follow work procedures and company policies, including all company safety polices.
- Monitors and evaluates departmental performance providing feedback to VP of Manufacturing.
- Drives change in working environment, processes, and equipment usage to increase the overall efficiency of the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Must possess high-level leadership skills to motivate other employees to achieve company goals.
- Must be knowledgeable of BEC information systems such as Visual PDM, 4th Shift, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other BEC process documentation.
- Knowledgeable of industrial safety systems and regulations such as OSHA workplace regulations.
- Knowledgeable of NMF, DOT, CBP and DHS systems and regulations related to logistics and transportation.
- Must utilize a sound understanding of international business law, legal contracts and various financial issues including cash flow and working capital.
- Knowledge of business climate in related markets and the ability to communicate effectively within those markets is required.
- Knowledge of extrinsic factors related to commodities purchased is needed.
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing techniques of value stream mapping, kanban, JIT, one piece flow, etc.
- Experience with capital equipment and human resource planning and justification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain preferred.
- 8 years experience in materials management or manufacturing required, with experience in a lean environment preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|