Clinical Education Affiliates CoordinatorClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, we focus on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The University is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Clinical Education Affiliates Coordinator in the Physical Therapy Department. This is a 12 month full time position with approximately 30 hours per week. The Clinical Education Affiliates Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE), the Assistant ACCE, Chair, and as needed, faculty within the Physical Therapy Department. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain clinical education databases using Microsoft Access- including data entry, queries, and merging.
- Answer general questions related to clinical education sites from students, faculty, and clinical instructors.
- Assist in the planning and hosting of local and regional workshops for clinical instructors.
- Maintain student health records in compliance with HIPAA and FERPA in addition to monitoring site specific student health requirements and background checks.
- Assist PT Department Chair and ACCE with accreditation and program review process (tracking materials, formatting and editing final reports, etc.), correspondence, project work, and data collection and analysis.
- Provide administrative support to ACCE and Assistant ACCE for all activities related to clinical education such as correspondence, filing, managing contracts, arranging site visits, and management of clinical site information forms.
- Communicate with ACCE, Assistant ACCE, clinical education sites, and students.
- Maintain accurate and confidential information in an organized and accessible manner.
A High School diploma or GED is required, along with 1-3 years of general office experience. Preference given to individuals with a bachelor’s degree and/or experience with databases- Microsoft Access in particular. The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience with MS Office products (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to interact with a variety of departments, students, faculty and staff, and external clinical sites in a positive manner is critical. The candidate must have strong organizational skills with a desire to work independently.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com/jobs. Resume review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.