Financial Analyst SrUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the day to day functions of finance, including budget, costing and financial analysis. In partnership with the Executive Director of Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will work with hospital leadership and System Services leadership to provide sound financial analysis and strategic advice to help support the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible day to day management of finance functions, including: budget (capital and operating), costing, and financial analysis.
- Lead the annual operational budget process.
- Communicate with management regularly to review service issues and opportunities for improvement to ensure the delivery of high quality service to all internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with UnityPoint Health financial guidelines and corporate compliance policies.
- Participate on teams investigating and strategizing growth or expansion opportunities.
- Monitor regulatory changes impacting healthcare finance and operations.
- Maintain subsidiary accounting system for costing and budget.
- Maintain subsidiary accounting system used for budgeting.
- Function as project manager for assigned projects when requested.
- Assist payer contracting with management team and UnityPoint Health contracting department.
- Partner with the Regional Accounting Director to ensure the financial statements are accurate and complete in a timely manner
- Assist with the preparation and filing of annual Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports
- Provide assistance and education on financial concepts and the use of financial systems to the management team
- Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Prepare preparation of monthly/quarterly statistical, benchmark and graphical reports.
- Prepare analysis of various revenue and expense information to aid budgetary efforts, decision making or operational improvement initiatives.
- Complete routine and ad hoc financial analyses for each service area to assist operations management in successful financial performance of their areas of responsibility.
- Assist in training local management to help better understand monthly financial results as well as understand the financial impacts of key departmental drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/finance roles
Previous experience with planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
- Proficiency in Excel as well as other strong personal computer skills
- Detailed oriented