Plant AccountantSaputo Cheese USA Inc, Lancaster, WI
This listing has expired
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer accounting functions for locale within allowed timeframes; ensuring accuracy of related accounting data.
- Responsible for weekly plant financials.
- Confirm closing of monthly accounting cycles.
- Coordinate monthly physical inventory counts of plant and outside warehouses and complete journal entries as needed.
- Responsible for general ledger accuracy and reconciliation. Prepare and enter various journal entries, as required. Prepare monthly analysis for general ledger accounts.
- Preparation of monthly milk accruals, entry of milk receipts and balancing to supply.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Accurate reporting of bulk ingredients; balancing monthly with suppliers.
- Analyze monthly and weekly variance reports.
- Coordinate mock trace exercises, as well as participate in real trace scenarios.
- Assist in the development of the plant’s yearly budget; working with all managers to ensure appropriate areas are budgeted for.
- In conjunction with the plant’s Senior Manager Operations Finance, Accounting & Administration, analyze, interpret and communicate the data needed for sound business and financial decision making at the plant-level.
- Demonstrate professionalism and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills.
- Maintain various reports as required (i.e. overtime, production data, etc.).
- Work closely with production and packaging areas to ensure information is accurately recorded and within appropriate timeframes.
- Automate and streamline plant recordkeeping and financial records, as applicable.
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing employee trainings relating to plant functions and monitor work performance, in conjunction with plant supervision, for comprehension.
- Positively represent Saputo at all times. Adhere to and promote the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Values.
- Perform additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- Associate’s degree and/or 2+ years of related experience.
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred; cheese/dairy processing background desired.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Effectively present information and respond to questions from auditors, individuals or groups of managers.
- Strong mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interface. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP principles.
- Strong understanding of and passion for the cheese making craft.
- Fundamental understanding of cheese making processes (including chemistry and physics of cheese) and related ingredients and equipment.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Proficient computer skills using AS400 system and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of plant operations.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|