Transcript Evaluator - LIFEUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Transcript Evaluator - LIFE. The University of Dubuque offers an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Evaluate transcripts for new and returning transfer admissions applicants
- Recognize academic, technical, and quarter hour course work
- Determine and categorize acceptable transfer hours
- Consult with and advise students concerning transfer practices and policies.
- Assist departments in the determination equivalent and non-equivalent course work.
- Assign credit based upon standardized transfer tests such as CLEP and Advanced Placement.
- Evaluate credit earned through military training
- Evaluate some international transcripts
- Evaluate Tech-Prep course work
- Evaluate non-traditional work awarded through apprentice training
- Assist applicants in person, online and over the telephone
- Research course descriptions to determine eligibility of course acceptance
- Accurately compute prospective students GPA as required for international students
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external policies and regulations
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of departmental database structure, use, best practices and procedures
- Assist the Registrar in any projects, tasks, or duties deemed necessary and assigned
- College degree preferred, experience with university transfer systems and transcript evaluation may be substituted
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a post-secondary educational institution, preferably with the Registrar’s Office or similar education environment
- Commitment to highest quality of customer service
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently, manage multiple competing priorities and exercise good judgment
- Ability to work as a team-player in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relations with students, faculty and administration
- Ability to interact effectively with others and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse university community
- Effective problem solving skills
- Proven success handling multiple responsibilities, determining priorities and tracking details in a fast-paced non-routine and demanding environment
- High level of motivation; proven success in exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Computer skills (data entry, spreadsheet, word-processing, internet)
- Experience with Jenzabar higher-education software a plus
- Ability to work a varied schedule with evening hours and overtime if necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy culture for the University and department
Hours are Monday-Thursday 10:00am-7:00pm and Friday 7:30am-4:30pm.
To apply with a growing University for the Transcript Evaluator - LIFE position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|