Job CoachArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Seeking an independent candidate who will be responsible for overseeing the program and production activities in an off-site vocational program area within the community. This position is in charge of training, instructing and supervising individuals to work in a normal societal setting, including social and behavioral skills.
- Trains, instructs, and supervises individuals with intellectual and sometimes physical disabilities in the skills and behaviors necessary to work and live in normal societal settings, including areas of vocational, social, self-help, and behavioral skills.
- Oversees the program and production activities in an off-site vocational program area serving four to twenty individuals.
- Participates in the assessment of each person’s vocational needs and choices; develops programs to meet those needs/choices, and ensures correct implementation of programs and data collection, based on funding requirements
- Assures that production demands are met, gathers and records data and completes daily contact notes related to the individual’s programming, production rates, and services received.
- Constantly monitors the safety conditions in the individual’s assigned working environment; conducts safety drills as assigned.
- Provides instruction and direction to staff assigned to his/her work area, holding them accountable for implementing their responsibilities.
- Is flexible to adjust schedule to accommodate individuals’ concerns, needs, and schedules.
- May be assigned to provide coverage and/or training to individuals served outside of normally assigned work areas.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with agency staff, business partners, members of the community, service providers, and participants.
- At all times, this position provides the individuals served with a positive, appropriate community role model while promoting a positive image of Area Residential Care to the community at-large
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- One year relevant work experience
- Comprehend individual program plans, assessments and personal interview; complete data documentation, contact notes, incidents reports, activity sheets, quality/quantity time studies, payroll records, and attendance records
- Communication skills that enable the Job Coach to train, instruct, and supervise individuals served to complete the assigned tasks (work, work-related, social, and daily living skills)
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasional lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Must develop and maintain positive, appropriate, cooperative relationships with individuals served, agency staff, business professionals, and individuals’ parents/guardians
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|