Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)Area Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
The Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) coordinates service delivery for individuals served in agency ICF/ID programming. With a caseload of 8-12 individuals, the QIDP acts as the primary contact with individuals served and their parents/guardians, other agency providers, and funding sources. The successful QIDP will provide high quality case coordination between day and residential programming and develop active treatment and supports to ensure that people served reach their personal goals and meet outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in special education, psychology, human services or related field and 1-2 years relevant experience required.
- Ability to read, develop, comprehend and analyze individual program plans, monthlies, a variety of reports, etc.
- Ability to develop positive, cooperative relationships with individuals served and their parents/guardians, agency staff, business professionals, and community members.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds regularly, and up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- May be required to transport individuals served to various locations in agency owned vehicles and/or personal vehicle (requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria). Requires the ability to travel between various agency sites regularly.
This position offers benefits including health, dental, life, and vision insurances; retirement savings with employer contribution; Accrued PTO and Disability time off.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|