Therapy Services SpecialistArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
- Manage, direct and implement individual and group therapies as ordered by the consulting occupational, physical, and speech therapists contracted by Area Residential Care.
- Direct therapeutic program planning for individuals receiving OT/PT/speech therapy services upon receipt of referral.
- Develop individual plans and supports to meet the OT/PT/speech needs of individuals served and to assure the follow-through of therapists’ recommendations.
- Provide instruction to direct contact staff and supervisor/IPCs on ordered OT/PT/speech therapy techniques while monitoring the progress of the individuals served.
- Participate in Life Plan meetings
- Perform both formal and non-formal observations of direct contact staff implementation of therapy techniques. Work closely with supervisors of direct contact staff, modifying techniques, and retraining staff as necessary in order to ensure the therapists’ recommendations are followed on a day-to-day basis.
- Recommend changes to or termination of OT/PT/speech therapy as appropriate.
- Develop a schedule of therapy based on priority of need, therapy sessions recommended, and individuals’ availability and compliance. Adjust or modify the schedule based on daily factors.
- Pursue available options, make recommendations, and place orders for adaptive equipment prescribed by the OT/PT/speech therapists and keep Hartigs updated on current equipment for the physician’s orders.
- Keep track of all ICF/ID adaptive equipment; check condition and initiate repairs/maintenance of equipment.
- Develop models and schedules, signs, etc. for individuals served; using board maker to increase means of communication.
- Provide training as needed on new equipment
- Provide instruction to supervisors/IPCs regarding need for audiograms completed for individuals who work in high noise areas.
- Additional duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Minimum High School diploma/G.E.D.
- Additional OT, PT, and/or speech therapy related coursework or work experience regularly implementing OT, PT, and/or speech therapist recommendations is preferred.
- One year relevant work experience with ID/DD population. Knowledge of sign language and/or augmented communication devices is preferred.
- College level of reading, math, and writing skills
- Must be a certified medication aide (CMA) or have ability to successfully complete CMA course.
- Ability to read, develop and comprehend individual program plans and complete data documentation and incident reports.
- Ability to work in a cohesive, team-oriented environment with development of positive, cooperative relationships with agency staff, business professionals, and individuals’ parents/guardians.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria. Must be able to transport individuals served or agency products to various community locations in agency owned vehicles and/or personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift / transfer 20lbs regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally; ability to transfer individuals in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served.
- Ability to walk unsupported and stand unsupported to assist individuals with disabilities
We offer a range of benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurances; retirement savings with employer contribution; Accrued PTO and disability leave.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|