Accounts Payable ClerkGreen Industrial Supply, Inc., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Green Industrial Supply is a privately held and operated company that has a vested interest in best servicing the customer. Our core business is in the procuring, consolidating, and sub-assembly for OEM markets which we have been servicing for more than 25 years. With extraordinary customer service, quality, and competitive pricing, we continue to experience growth and success.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc. is looking to increase our #1 resource - our employees! Our people are what have led to our success as we realize our vision of being the supplier of choice for our customer and becoming known as one of the best places to work in the Dubuque area.
It is the policy of Green Industrial Supply, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Green Industrial Supply will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc., a consolidator, sub-assembler, and shipper to major OEMs, has an opening for a fulltime Accounts Payable Clerk. This position performs a variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records, bills, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased.
- Audits bills to ensure accuracy and adherence to proper accounting procedures.
- Reviews all bills for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Researches invoice discrepancies and finds resolution to the issues.
- Monitors accounts to ensure that payments are up to date
- Checks accounts payable bills to be paid for the week.
- Insert accounts payable checks into envelopes for mailing.
- Sort and distribute mail accordingly.
- Scans all bills, freight BOL, and all accounts payable documents and saves them accordingly.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- High School Diploma with six months accounting/office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with accuracy and attention to detail in order to meet deadlines
- Accounting experience and/or education preferred
- Experience handling confidential material
This is a fulltime Monday – Friday position that offers a competitive wage and an exceptional benefit package. If you are interested in an opportunity to grow and make a difference with a dynamic organization, this could be the job for you.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com or stop by our office and fill out an application.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|