Simon’s Trucking, Inc. is a family owned business that was established in 1946 with a fleet of two trucks that primarily hauled agricultural products throughout Iowa and the tri-states. Throughout the years Simon’s has continued to grow from a regional trucking company hauling bulk agricultural products to a premier trucking company offering transportation services to all 48 states and Canada through its van and refrigerated trailer operations.
Today Simon’s Trucking has achieved double digit growth since the 1990’s and is currently operating 115 tractors and over 300 trailers.
President and CEO Roger Simon and his team of professionals have built Simon’s Trucking to a highly regarded transportation carrier of manufactured and consumer products with a reputation for dependable, on-time, and safe delivery.
Technician will be responsible for complete and general maintenance of trailers
- Determines equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Perform repair and customization work as assigned including routine maintenance, brake replacement/repair, suspension repair, electrical and hydraulic component troubleshooting and repair, trailer body repair including complete trailer rebuild, Refrigerated Unit repairs.
- Inspect the overall condition of trailers to ensure that they meet U.S. Department of Transportation’s safety requirements.
- Compile inspection reports detailing their findings
- Track all parts and materials used in repairs or replacements.
- Ensure the final work product meets quality standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work area for co-workers
- Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment
- Computer skills as required.
- Must have own tools.
- Complete paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 6 month trailer mechanic experience required
- 1 + years Aluminum & Steel welding experience.
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|