Manufacturing Engineer (Contract)Flexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
• Provides comprehensive engineering support for Vehicle, Marine, and Healthcare seating as well as Metal fabrication through application with approved engineering policies and practices standard to Flexsteel. Work with Product Development, Production and Purchasing to establish estimated cost, first Proto Costs and Production Cost, assigns rates and completes time studies.
• Develop, test, implement, and document manufacturing processes and methods required in manufacturing new and existing products utilizing knowledge of production design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards in accordance with product specifications, customer requirements, and quality standards.
• Provide supervisor responsibilities for maintenance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop costing standard data on Dubuque Operations incentive operations. Furnish labor standards on incentive operations in the Dubuque Operations Production. Apply time and motion study techniques as needed.
• Assist in the implantation and validation of new and existing processes. Prepare training materials and train key production employees and production supervisors on new work procedures and manufacturing processes.
• Desire to learn and apply Continuous Improvement tools (Lean Manufacturing) or brings equivalent experience. Develop, implement and follow up on continuous improvement initiatives to drive improvements in safety, quality, cost, and delivery metrics.
• Educates lean tools at all levels of the organization by conducting associate trainings (Gemba) and helps to apply this knowledge.
• Develops and maintains red tag area for future expansion of 6S program
• Leads Continuous Improvement events; lead of CI Steering Committee
• Quickly formulates strategies, plans and corrective actions for improvement projects that have gone off track.
• Organizes, facilitates and supports lean events
• Organizes lean event follow up activities.
• Generate work process related to setup/processing/manufacturing flow; including the maintenance of plant layouts, work instructions, bill of materials, and parts routers.
• Must follow all workplace safety rules and procedures. Will be tasked to improve the ergonomics and safety of new and existing process.
• Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Perform engineering work related to planning, devising, or adapting methods to improve manufacturing production.
• Identify next generation of process, equipment, and tooling development for manufacturing.
• Provides analytical problem solving and process trouble shooting support. Lead, participate in, and coach associates through problem solving activities to support daily manufacturing operations (troubleshoot and resolve problems with processes and equipment while in production).
• Investigate and determine the root cause of failures and problems. Recommend countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
Maintenance Supervisory responsibilities:
• Performs supervisory duties of maintenance staff; including administrative duties (i.e. delivery of discipline, timekeeping, weld tests, etc.)
• Schedules and maintains work orders
• Conducts weekly staff meetings to ensure tasks are communicated properly
• In charge of Torrance investigations
• Records machine down time metrics, and service hours tracking
• Active member of safety committee, and assumes responsibilities as related to maintenance
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
• 2-years experience in a manufacturing environment, including driving new product launches through the design and production phases; leading continuous improvements projects focusing on quality, safety, material flow and efficiency.
• Strong analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, multi-tasking, attention to detail, organizational, time management, verbal/written communications, and project management skills.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
With this contract role, Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package for duration of contract role, paid holidays, fun work atmosphere, and Flexsteel furniture discounts.
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|