The Sisters of Charity, BVM at Mount Carmel is an active community of Catholic women religious who minister in 19 states and two foreign countries in works of charity, justice, education, and freedom. These four values guide us in our mission to ensure employees are treated fairly, compensated justly and are provided opportunities for personal and professional growth. To learn more about Sisters of Charity, BVM, please visit us at http://www.bvmcong.org.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business;
- Support a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) model and collaborate within a multidisciplinary approach;
- Hire, mentor, supervise, challenge, affirm, meet with regularly, complete performance appraisals for and promote regular educational and development opportunities for the following:
- Government Program Specialist
- Administrative Assistant Healthcare Services Clinical Program;
- Analyze, develop and provide on-going leadership of a multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving and intervention of patient care issues, i.e. wound care, patient safety issues; patient incident reports;
- Research and develop clinical policies and procedures related to patient care;
- Monitor clinical Medicare and Medicaid processes;
- Audit clinical chart documentation;
- Facilitate clinical OSHA standard processes;
- Participate in ongoing personal and professional educational opportunities;
- Participate in committees and meetings as identified;
- Accept other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Current RN license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of direct work in a clinical setting in program development.
- Desire to serve and enhance the quality of life of the residents of a continuing care retirement community;
- Working knowledge of government programs.
- Knowledge of and willingness to implement the mission, goals and objectives of Mt. Carmel.
- Commitment to a collaborative approach to supervision and management; demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Possess initiative, positive attitude, flexibility, good judgment, compassion, leadership and a sense of humor.
- Remain calm under pressure, act upon criticism as constructive, adapt to changing situations.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, change and execute plans as needed.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills; communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse audience of employees and residents.
- Must be able to approach people in a manner which creates harmony, promotes cooperation, empowers staff and encourages initiative and feeling of acceptance and self-worth.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, E Req, MP2 and Celeritime.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|