Medical/Dental CoderCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run daily reports to verify that all patient visits have superbills associated with them.
- Code patient services for clinic providers in compliance with Medicare, CPT and ICD-10 guidelines, performing chart audits where necessary.
- Enter coded charges into billing system.
- Assist the nursing staff, ancillary departments, and business office staff by answering questions and providing them with information to assist them in correct coding and billing procedures.
- Assist the billing specialist in the correction of insurance denials.
- Review invoices received from outsourced facilities, and verifies these charges have been entered into the billing system.
- Run monthly reports to verify all charges are billed.
- Identify new procedure codes entered and assist in the setup of these codes in the billing system.
- Participate in educational activities and audits.
Experience: Minimum of one year of medical/dental coding experience
Education: Medical coding certificate, and is a RHIT (registered health information technician), CPC (certified professional coder) by American Academy of Professional Coders or has an AHIMA license and meets state licensure requirements
Other Skills: CPT coding, ICD-10 coding
Preemployment drug testing and background check required.
Submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|