The Sisters of Charity, BVM at Mount Carmel is an active community of Catholic women religious who minister in 19 states and two foreign countries in works of charity, justice, education, and freedom. These four values guide us in our mission to ensure employees are treated fairly, compensated justly and are provided opportunities for personal and professional growth. To learn more about Sisters of Charity, BVM, please visit us at http://www.bvmcong.org.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and the philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business;
- Always aware of customer needs and respond accordingly;
- Responsible for tray line ;
- Responsible for the setup, and service and clean-up of breakfast, lunch and supper in the dining rooms;
- Directly responsible for the general upkeep of the Dining Rooms including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and furniture & equipment cleaning
- Monitor temperatures of foods, documenting temperatures of all items at time of service;
- Gather supplies needed daily from Caritas central storeroom;
- Stock assigned diet kitchens/kitchenettes.
- Follow the clean as you work procedure in daily work routine;
- Follow all department policies and procedures related to safety, cleaning/sanitation, recycling, food handling, storage and disposal, scheduling, uniform and personal hygiene;
- Report all equipment operational concerns to supervisor immediately;
- Perform other or related work as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Operating Dishwasher
- Washing and sanitizing pots and pans
- Daily/weekly/monthly cleaning lists
- Assist in other dietary job areas as necessary.
Experience working with modified diets in dietary setting helpful, will train as needed.
- Remain calm under pressure, act upon criticism as constructive and adapt to changing situations.
- Able to read, write, receive, follow, and provide written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to show initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to use standard cooking appliance and equipment.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must be able to approach people in a manner which creates harmony, promotes cooperation and encourages feelings of acceptance and self-worth.
- Must be neat, clean and in good health.
- Able to tolerate moderate physical exertion.
- Free of weight restrictions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent bending and stooping is required.
- Some pushing, pulling and reaching required.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water.
- Adapt to extreme hot and cold temperatures in work environment.
- Works flexible hours including regular weekend and holiday rotation.
- At times the kitchen can be noisy and extremes in temperature can be experienced (going into freezers, using ovens).
- Use of sharp instruments and various appliances.
- Exposed to laundry/dishwashing detergents and chemicals.
Food and Beverage
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|