Dental-Lab Technical Trainee - ImplantsOral Arts Dental Laboratory, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Oral Arts Dental Laboratory is a leading dental laboratory in the Midwest. We are a full-service laboratory fabricating crowns, dentures, partials, and cosmetic restorations for the General Practitioner (family dentist). We have been in business since 1945 with a history of superb quality and customer service.
Oral Arts is located at 6701 Chavenelle Road with approximately 50 employees.
We are owned by National Dentex Corporation which is very proud of its laboratories and employees. Our business starts internally with fair, concerned appreciation for fellow employees. Everyone's work is important; every task affects a co-worker and a customer. This is our margin of difference that gives us our competitive advantage enjoyed by no other organization in our business.
The regular hours for this position are from 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read prescription, examine materials, ensure case is scheduled accurately
- Conduct primary and secondary steps of Implant fabrication
- Load impressions with Implant parts
- Check model work for proper analog placement
- Order Implant parts for cases; maintain inventory
- Adjust abutments, as needed
- Anodize abutments, as required
- Case planning for implant cases with internal team members
- Support production efficiency by taking ownership of technical Implant follow-up items with customers and team
- Design CAD/CAM abutments and bars
- Impression QC
- Construct positioners, as needed
- Implant outsourcing
- Maintain clean work area
- Die trim functions
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Basic computer knowledge
- Work experience using CAD/CAM technology to fabricate Implant dental restorations
- Strong spatial ability, good eye-hand coordination, excellent perception skills and attention to details
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Logical, analytical thinker with the ability to process information and formulate decisions
- Excellent communication skills – ability to listen and assess situations involving customers and internal team members
- High level of organizational skills; able to multi-task
- Skilled in one or more areas associated with Fixed Department functions
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Hand pieces
- Anodizing equipment and liquids
- Must be able to sit for long durations of time.
- Required to sit, stand, walk and/or reach
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, color
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
High School or Equivalent or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|