Administrative Assistant in the Registrar's OfficeUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking an Administrative Assistant in the Registrar’s Office. The University of Dubuque offers an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Direct all incoming communications
- Coordinate written and electronic communications relating to Registrar’s Office functions
- Maintenance of academic files
- Assist the Registrar with beginning of term and end of term processes and activities
- Provide information to students, faculty, and staff regarding student records and academic policies, processes, and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all applicable internal and external policies and regulations
- Implement procedures and conducting registration and related functions
- Fill information requests and answer a wide range of questions related to student records and files from students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Interpret standard policies and investigate and resolve problems
- Other tasks as assigned
- A two year degree or a combination of education and/or related experience
- Preferred minimum one year experience in a post-secondary educational institution, preferably with the Registrar’s Office or similar higher education environment
- Commitment to highest quality of professional customer service and confidentiality
- Strong technical aptitude. Proficiency in MS Office, data entry and internet. Experience with Jenzabar or higher-education software a plus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, resourcefulness and able to complete workload in timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating to with students, the public, faculty and administration
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse university community
- Positive presentation and clear communication skills, able to understand and explain policy
- Ability to work as a team-player in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem solving skills
- Proven success handling multiple responsibilities, determining priorities and tracking details in a fast-paced, non-routine and demanding environment
To apply with a growing University for the Administrative Assistant in the Registrar’s office position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|